The Q Family Blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, please visit us at
http://www.theqfamilyadventures.com
Please be sure to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Coupon of the 21st Century

Coupon as we used to know is a bunch of paper coupons from Sunday newspaper. Then we have Internet Printed coupons from various website. Recently, I have seen a big promotion for Cellfire which is yet another way to help you save money. Cellfire is the coupon on your phone. Basically, you register on Cellfire with your cell number and you will be able to save coupon on your phone via text message or application for web-enable phone like iPhone. I don't really know how it works on non-iphone. But I can only tell you about my own experience from iPhone point of view.

It's amazing! There are various stores that are part of cellfire coupons. It's might not be that many yet but I'm sure once there are more users there will be more offers. So far I have used cellfire with my grocery card. You can load the coupon to your card and it will automatically apply your saving when you purchase the product. Another beauty on this is that you can use this coupon in combination with your traditional paper coupon. For example, if you have $0.50 for a 4-rolls pack of Cottonelle from Sunday newspaper and also you loaded the $0.50 for a 4-rolls pack of Cottonelle to your grocery card, when you buy that toilet paper, you will save a total of $1.00. Easy, right?

I just came back from lunch at Arby's that I tried my coupon for the first time. I wasn't sure if they will accept it. I walked in and asked if they accepted Cellfire coupon, sure enough they do. I just show them the screen of my coupon code for the cashier to enter those code and I got my free sandwich!

I think this is a great concept. We have cell phone with us all the time. But how many times that you forget your coupons either in a car or at home? So check them out and see what other offers they have in your area. Now, pardon me as I head to Caribou Coffer to get my large drink with $1 off.

3 comments:

Jojo said...

That's a really great idea, I admit I'm bad at the coupon thing, like you said I'm always forgetting it somewhere. But if it's on my cell, then I'll be sure to save some $

koala brains said...

Thanks for writing about this. I am usually good about keeping my coupons with me but I don'tcollect much. I'll keep the ones I get from Target along w/ my receipt, the Bed Bath Beyond one, Costco, and that's it. I like this b/c I get to save elsewhere w/o the effort of collecting coupons. I will definitely check it out. BTW, I want an iphone! I was always into gadgets and having the latest and greatest but not since I stopped working.

Adrian said...

Greatt post thankyou